Saturday, 6 June 2015

Its all about Me!



Date: 4/01/15
Time: 8:19 PM
Location: Kolkata, India

                         Well, today I'm going to write about something different. You won't get to read about the universe, earth, humans, life or any other stuff I usually write about. So...this is just gonna be about me. The ones who are least interested in knowing another strange human mind, I recommend that you stop reading this because it just revolves around one person and that is me.

                         So, I'll start. I believe I'm a very complex sort of person, at least complex for my own comprehension. However, usually I find that others are very quick to judge me. Maybe its because they only get a one dimensional view of who I really am. Sometimes their judgement turns out to be right and sometimes completely wrong. I'm in no way complaining about people being "judgmental" because they have their own mind and are completely free to use it to generate thoughts of their liking. Yes, it does hurt sometimes when people think of me with a negative approach, but that's a part of each and every human life in this world. Also, I'm fortunate enough to have a thick skin and a mind which can manipulate itself into positive thinking quite perfectly.

                         Everything is well and good until that point arrives when the society tries to force someone to become the person she/he is not. Well, that's what happens most of the time in my case and I honestly confess, I've been through moments when I've wanted to punch society in the face...but then my sensibility arrived in the messy scene (a bit too late!) and fixed things up. The main repair job was done by one single thought. It goes like this- society only forces someone to become someone else because it really wants the person to be a part of the community. Now, as a given society is used to certain behavioral patterns, it tends to think that this new person can only fit in if she/he displays those patterns...but frankly, people like me, don't. So, its up to us to make society see our new patterns and prototype it in it's system...and its completely possible that these patterns outshine the previous ones. Recognizing one's own beautiful side and then accepting it with a warm embrace is the only way to submit the prototype into the system which we call society.

                        So this was all about society, fitting in and standing out. Coming to the core matter, which is me, I'd like to share few of my attributes. I'm a proud and happy introvert, who talks less, texts more and eats a lot!! I find a novel more appealing than social events and if you ever meet me, you'll observe that during our entire conversation I will only utter two sentences! I have nothing to say but lots to express. Don't ever think that I don't like you or something like that. Its just that I like to observe people with a distant approach (You really are not getting this. Are you?). I am more into exploring the interiors of my mind instead of the exterior world (which makes sense, because who else writes so much about oneself?!). Its not that I'm completely disconnected from our world, because I do see it and feel it...but all with the mind's eye. This external world supports me both physically and mentally and I say so because of rich experiences I've had here. There were times when tons of philosophies and wisdom didn't help and my real saviors were people (and food!) from this very world which I call 'external'. I realized during those times, there's nothing called interior or exterior. Its all connected. Its only the views from different minds which differ.

                       Previously, even I was deceived by the idea of 'fitting in'. I used to act like a person I was not just because I thought that it would get me a good reputation and a high place in everyone's mind. It was like being that "I'm perfect at everything you can think of" sort of person. I used to remain stern, act according to every sort of manner existing and showed respect to people I thought didn't deserve it. It was highly strenuous. Every nerve that existed within my body ached. It was painlessly painful....but all these happened long ago (maybe 3 to 4 years back) because I realized that it was worth being less perfect...and the realization dawned on me mostly because of certain people whom I came across a few years ago. I realized that its alright to show someone your tears, its alright to be scared and its alright to devour your food like a crazy person in public! I was able to smile again without straining myself. I got a confidence which was no longer pretentious, even though not as perfect.

                      So, I learned it the hard way, being perfect is not everyone's cup of tea. In fact, perfection comes only from the heap of those little imperfections which we want to get rid of every passing moment. Being imperfect is blissful...and accepting one's own imperfection is perfection. I know this now and I also know now that others will accept someone only when that person accepts herself/himself first. I'm still working on it and I can certainly say, I've come a long way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image from: matrixtownley.wordpress.com

9 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work !!!! (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really nice to see someone from a generation of conformity pledge one's allegiance to imperfection. Sorry if I sound patronising, I don't intend to be. Here are two quotes for you. Chances are high that you already know the first one.

    "Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."

    It's by a technological visionary, whose herd I don't follow, but thoughts are something to live by.

    The second one is from a movie. If you haven't watched it yet, do so.

    "I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may."

    Keep thinking. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being here and expressing your opinions...and you're right, I've heard the first quote, but even I don't follow the same herd...just because of one difference- I do believe in rules. Also, thank you for your encouragement towards this habit of thinking...because very few (people like you) realise that "thinking is to man what flying is to birds". Anyways, I really hope you continue being here, as many more articles are yet to be published! It was a pleasure to hear from you. :)

      P.S.- I didn't know you were such a "quote person" (Maybe because we have rarely exchanged words)...but anyways, do keep visiting for more articles! :)

      Delete
  3. Hello, my friend... if i may be so bold as to address you so informally... I feel as if i know you from now having read your little piece ABOUT YOU! hahahahahah
    I absolutely loved it!
    So much so, I sincerely want to get to know you, you alleged silent one who writes alot!

    Please allow me to address a few points from your piece:
    "... Its just that I like to observe people with a distant approach (You really are not getting this. Are you?)..."

    Oh, yes, Samadrita, I AM getting this loudly and clearly... I too am an observer of life, of people but mostly, of myself. I find that life is a veritable mirror because inevitably, what we "see" is really a reflection of our beliefs - only because our beliefs control our perceptions and perspective. And si, it supports your next sentence:

    "... I am more into exploring the interiors of my mind instead of the exterior world (which makes sense, because who else writes so much about oneself?!)..."

    Ah... not true... hahahahahaha... You've now met your match! hahahahahaha... I love writing about myself! And though I claim no ego (I simply don't believe in that man-made term) I am also not vain, nor do i ever seek recongition or accolades. I am what I am and in the past, during my investigations, I've used myself as my living guineee pig on my life theiries. So, how else to expose my philosophy without talking about myself? I believe I've proven my philosophy by living it, from moment-to-moment. In fact, I wouldn't have dared present it to the rest of the world without having proven it first!

    And lastly, please allow me to say that though perfection may be a wonderful thing to attempt, i simply do not believe it exists anywhere in the Omniverse! So, why fret striving for that which does not exist? We all grow and develop, no matter the medium, no matter the life. Either this side of the veil or the other, it's all concerned with evolution of Spirit. And if we all change in our growth and development, how can perfection ever be attained because by the very definition, perfection really means - The End?
    Think about it and let me know...

    ps... love your writing! It's fresh! It's personable! And it reminds me of mine! hahahahahahahaha
    Keep it up! 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, thank you for being here and going through this article. Your encouragement is highly appreciated and it definitely makes a difference!

      Secondly, coming to that 'perfection' thing...I'm not quite sure about it's existence. Maybe it does not exist or maybe it does...but to be quite honest, I've seen quite a lot of perfect things during my time here. In fact, I believe everything that's there is perfect. We just forcefully term it as "imperfect". I've come to doubt the validity of the word itself. "Being imperfect is blissful...and accepting one's own imperfection is perfection"..we are perfect through our imperfections. Don't you think our sun is perfect...or even the moon...or the universe? So it is with our earth!..and definitely they have not reached "The End" yet! I don't know if you are agreeing with me or not...but this is my perspective.

      Anyways, its really good to know that there are others out there with a good set of opinions and views. I'd be glad to have you in "Divergent Outlook" as long as it's journey continues. Do keep visiting for more articles or you can also subscribe to get the updates automatically sent to you. Have a great day ahead! Will look forward to some thoughtful insights from you! :-)

      Delete
  4. I myself am an introvert, more fascinated with watching the world go by and my own thoughts. More so than joining in on the world. My worlds I imagine and write about are creative and insane. No single word can actually describe me. I found this to be powerful and entertaining keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete